One of the Ann Arbor, MI projects completed this August consisted of two roofing jobs, plus major rough carpentry work on a carport. After the main house was installed with a 30-year dimensional shingle roof, serious attention had to be given to the adjacent attached carport.
The carport contained some interesting challenges, however A H Construction came up with effective and economical roofing solutions. The problem was a flat roof suffering from water damage. Part of the solution was to construct and install a minimum 30-year rubber pitched roof. Next challenge was to build a roof to be both functional and attractive for many years to come. Skilled carpenters came to the decision of constructing a hip roof versus a gable roof which was the best choice for following the same existing roof contour lines and the appearance of the existing facade. The goal achieved was a strong roofed structure that flowed naturally and attractively with the main house roofing.
This was a successful Ann Arbor roofing job due to our highly-skilled carpenters and roofers. Close attention was paid to flashing details where the house met the carport, manufacture specifications and code requirements. Despite the involvement, this Ann Arbor assignment took only 3 days! Day one included setup and completion of the main roof. Days two and three completed the carport and total clean-up.
5 Helpful Tips for Your Own Roofing Projects
1. Avoid flat roofs whenever possible.
2. If your roofing project consists of two or more adjoining roofs, take into account the desired look of the entire facade, not just the functionality. Resale value should be considered.
3. Whatever type of roof you decide to go with, purchase quality products (i.e. 30 year life). It will save you time and money in the long run.
4. Always hire a licensed and insured contractor.
5. Do not hesitate to ask for references from your trusted contractor.